SAMIA KHAN; CO-FOUNDER
Samia Khan is an Internet persona whose neurotic personality serves as the basis for much of what #instacurity makes fun of. A content creator and storyteller (whether it be writing or performing, news or entertainment, scripted or non-scripted), the USC grad can typically be found…on her cell phone (though she’s embarrassed to admit that she still rocks a “4”), trying to come up with clever tweets and captions for her Instagram photos (PS you can follow her at @SamiaKhan…and yes, she’s fully aware that this is a shameless plug.)
Some career highlights include covering Arnold Schwarzenegger’s victory party as a reporter at USC, interviewing everyone from Kanye to Kobe at TV Guide Network, covering the Winter Olympics for Samsung as a content creator, and knowing she had “made it” when a local Indian restaurant gave her a discount on her bill…just because she was on TV.
Q & A With SK
- How do you define success? When Barack Obama knows who I am. Or 2 Chainz.
- If you could only be part of ONE social network, which would it be? The Social Network (yes, the one starring Jesse Eisenberg, Andrew Garfield, and Justin Timberlake.)
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Older.
- What advice would you give your 16-year-old self? Reserve your name on Gmail. That sh** will be valuable later on.
- Finish this sentence: I’m most instacure about… Whether or not people will think my #instacurity bio is funny.